Golfers Delight: Parque da Floresta Golf Resort

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Parque da Floresta Golf Resort

I did my first golf swings here in Berlin on the Driving Range. But that was just the kickoff. The first time I put my feet on a golf course was in Portugal at the Parque da Floresta Golf Resort in Budens on the Algarve.

During our holidays my wife and I decided to take some golf lessons, so we went to see Gary Warner, the Pro at Parque da Floresta.



As you can see, Gary surely had a preference for portuguese food and bright-coloured shirts. Apart from that he had some old-school perceptions about teaching golf. I couldn't tell then but can now. My pro here in Germany first had to loosen up my posture and my swing in order to get some dynamic into my swing.

The Golf Resort just got finished back then, we never played the 18 hole course, but it has a beautiful layout using the natural hills around. Clear sky provided you could see the ocean from most parts of the course.



The Resort has good practising facilities, chipping and pitching green and a well assorted pro shop.



Apart from that the resort offers a spa, bars and restaurants and sells property. Enough cash provided, you can buy yourself a nice little villa amidst the golf course. Go check their website for details.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home