Golfers Delight: Castro Marim Golf Course

Saturday, April 30, 2005

Castro Marim Golf Course

Located on the Algarve in Portugal, close to the historic town of Castro Marim the course runs through undulating hills dotted with pines and occasional views across the River Guadiana to neighbouring Spain. This course calls for careful play with strategically placed water hazards and fairway terrain that can place you in trouble. This is not mention the well placed bunkers waiting for an erring ball. The par-3 on the seventeenth is a hole that calls for special club selection with bunkers in front of the green and a lake behind, whilst at the same time subject to the prevailing winds off the sea.







This course is one of the most physically demanding I played so far in my young golfers life. The rental of a cart is definitely recommended also for players in their mid thirties like me. Although I didn't play too well when we were there, I liked the challenges the course offered me.

More information can be found here:
http://www.premier-direct.com/castro_marim.htm

1 Comments:

At 4:42 PM, Blogger costaless golf said...

Castro Marim Golf Course is a nice blog thanks for sharing it. it is very useful blog. I would like to read more in future.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home